"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nutmeg

Happy Holidays!!!  I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.  I am so happy to have a few days of quite, coziness, and fun.  Last week was super chaotic.  We are in the middle of doing a lot of work to our house and we are also refinancing (yay for super low interest rates!).  We just recently found out that for our refinance to go through, we have to have our house painted.  This has to happen by the end of the year.  I felt really weird calling around to find a painter last week - "yes, I know it's the week before Christmas and I know it's pouring down rain, but can you pleeeeease paint our house ASAP?"  Ugh.  In the middle of all of that, our car broke down.  Ben was driving and it suddenly died in the middle of the street.  It's at the shop now, but of course it can't even be looked at until after Christmas.  Luckily, Portland has great public transportation!

On a brighter note, let's talk about my new AG Stevie cords in nutmeg:)  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these.  They are the softest, most comfortable pants ever.  I love all of my AG jeans and I had a feeling I would love the cords too.  They have been on my wishlist for a while.  Luckily, they went on sale and anthro unveiled  a new promotion right around the same time.  I snagged these right away!  I have been stalking Molly's blog for color inspiration (love this one and I fully intend to steal this color combo!).  









Pants:  AG Stevie Cords via Anthropologie
Tee:  J. Crew
Top:  J. Crew Perfect Shirt in Chambray Polka Dot
Shoes:  Chie Mihara Loti
Necklace:  Betsy and Iya via Adorn