"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Thursday, December 20, 2012

My kind of party!

Last weekend, we attended our friends' annual cookie exchange party.  We had a blast!  We spent the afternoon visiting with good friends, meeting new friends, sipping on cocktails, and eating A LOT of cookies.  I decided to attempt macarons again - this time I went with a mint chocolate flavor.  Although I was feeling a little self-conscious about the cookies not being the perfect shape and the "pied" (the frilly bottoms) not forming just right (silly I know, but I stayed up really late working on them and wanted them to be perfect), they were a huge hit.  They all got eaten and someone even proclaimed them to be the best cookies at the party this year.  Success!







Dress:  Anthropologie Spinning Lace Dress
Cardigan:  J.  Crew Jackie
Tights:  J. Crew
Belt:  J. Crew
Shoes:  Unsure of the brand - I picked these up at a little boutique in London