"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

1st Wedding Anniersary

Ben and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary a few days ago.  It's hard to believe our wedding was an entire year ago (wedding posts here, here, and here).  What a beautiful, lovely, adventurous year it has been!  We kept things very simple for our anniversary - we spent the day together going out to brunch, and enjoying a nice, quiet day.  I made homemade chocolate cream pie and cake balls and Ben made homemade pizza for dinner.  

 This is my most favorite little bee.  I wore it a year ago on my wedding day and again on Sunday to celebrate our 1 year anniversary (from BHLDN).


Here is my anniversary OOTD.  I also wanted to show off my new coat (the Ruffled Trench Coat from Anthropologie).  I love this coat!  It is TTS and seems to be made very well.  It is heavy/cozy, without being bulky.  It works well fully zipped up and also open with just the belt tied (see below).  I highly recommend it.




Dress:  Anthropologie
Cardigan:  J.  Crew
Shoes:  Anthropologie
Belt:  Anthropologie
Brooch:  BHLDN


When I decided to wear my bee pin that day, little did I know I would have a bee ring to add to my outfit as well.  This is my anniversary gift from Ben.  Isn't it wonderful?  Oh, how I love him!

Here are a couple of other shots from the day.  Wine, chocolate pie, and cake balls?  Yes, please!