"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The good stuff

I have so much to share from our Paris honeymoon.  I don't know where to start, but I figure dessert is a pretty good place:)  I am a big dessert fan.  I always save room for dessert and if I have to choose between sweet and salty, I always go sweet.

The neighborhood we stayed in was full of fabulous boulangeries, fromageries, wine shops, etc.  Just on the very short walk from our apartment to the metro, we passed 3 boulangeries.  One of them quickly became a favorite and we ended up there twice a day most days.  Ben would go in the morning and get baguettes/croissants for breakfast and then we would go again in the evening to pick up dessert.  One of my favorite things about the trip was letting my guard down and eating whatever I wanted, even if that meant eating a delicious, chocolatey dessert right after a breakfast of cheese/baguette and croissant.     


So many choices! 
I LOVE how they packaged each item.  They made it seem so special and so pretty. 

Creme Brulee
This is Baba au Rhum from Le Cameleon.  See that big bottle of rum?  Yep, they live that at your table so that you can drench the cake with rum to your liking.   Dangerous.
Rocher and red wine.  Perfection.
Nutella Crepe

We decided to have after-breakfast dessert one morning.  It was our honeymoon after all:)
Apple cake, ice cream, whipped cream goodness from one of our favorite restaurants, aux petits oignons.

The macarons deserve their own post:)

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!