"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's all about the shoes

I am so happy that the weekend is here! It has been a long week. I started the day on Tuesday by finding lots of fraudulent charges posted to my bank account. Someone spent large sums of my money at different gas stations in Texas. Of course, my bank refunded the money and is taking care of everything. It's just a pain in the ass to call customer service, close my account, wait for a new debit card, etc. My day pretty much went downhill from there. Work was terrible and I was in tears by the time I got home. Luckily, I had to take an all-day CPR class on Wednesday, so I got a much needed break from the office. Things have blown over a bit and I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) better/easier/not-so-shitty week next week:)



This is the coat that Ben got me for Christmas. It's from a local clothing company called Nau. It is extremely light weight and so, so warm. Love it!




I'm on a roll with wearing my favorites from last year. The Bianca blouse goes with just about everything and I love the ruffles around the collar/sleeves.




There is nothing like a new pair of shoes to help you get over a tough week! These are the Camper 21514 Mary Jane Pumps. I found them on amazon for a steal (original price $180, down to $81.50 plus I had a gift card. Here they are). Ben actually introduced me to Campers when we first met, almost 9 years ago. He showed up to my apartment looking oh so European and cool with his camper shoes on:)


Top: Anthropologie Bianca Blouse
Jeans: Joe's
Jacket: Nau down blazer
Shoes: Camper


I'm off to go enjoy drinks and burgers at Dick's Kitchen. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend!