"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tacos and Doilies

This is an outfit I wore to a friends house for Hanukkah dinner last month. I have worn this dress before with just mustard and navy, but I really like the red accents this time around. Ben mentioned that it looks like I have tacos all over my dress. Yeah, he's crazy. I don't see the taco resemblance one bit. In fact, I really love this dress!















Dress: Anthropologie Tupelo Dress
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie
Shoes: All Black via Anthropologie
Belt: J. Crew
Necklace: Gift
Hair Pin: Anthropologie

This has been a very hectic week for me. It seems like things are just now getting back into full swing at my office since the holiday break. Of course, everyone needs everything right now! Things should calm back down again soon (I hope). In addition to a busy work week, Ben and I have been working on our house almost every night and on the weekends. Our bathroom update is almost complete and we have moved on to another room. I will show you some bathroom pictures soon - it feels like a totally different house now! I love it! We started off thinking we would just put a fresh coat of paint on the walls and maybe put down a new floor. We ended up updating/re-doing pretty much everything. It really needed it.



Speaking of home improvements, check out my new couch doily. My friend Shauna noticed one of my pinterest pins of this exact doily. She found the pattern, crocheted it, and mailed it to me. I love getting surprise packages! This is one of the most beautiful and thoughtful gifts I have ever received:) Thank you, Shauna for making me feel so special and for making my living room look so lovely!



I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the weekend:)